About Me

My photo
Let's see, I'm a single, 39 year old 5'2-ish pinoy who worked with kids for the 14 years and I was pretty good at it. I am now working in a totally different area away from kids and it's awesome. Anyways, for fun I listen to music, draw, play video games, watch movies, hang with friends, surf the internet, go skydiving, and write down my thoughts, which I call Yodaisms. I'm pretty much a quiet, laid back dude once you get to know me and that's pretty much it, so have fun reading my thoughts. Take care and peace out!

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Chuck vs. The Black Leather Couch Part 15

To recap what previously happened, as Chuck reflects back on the two situation in his life where he sorely needed his father’s wisdom. The first situation being Jill’s return back into life after 5 years to reveal that he had a son or so he though at the time. He experienced so many emotion like shock, confusion, and anger because he not only had a son but the fact that Jill didn’t tell him made him absolutely furious. So furious in fact that he retreated to the one place he always went to in order to clear his head…the beach. Cut to Chuck and his father across the hospital where they happen to meet up at because of a nasty accident Charlie experienced that involved 8 stitches on his forehead. Chuck shares his concerns with his father about how his relationship with Sarah has become quite complicated now that Jill and Charlie in the picture. Abe sees the grief in his sons eyes as he asks with a serious look in his own eyes as to whether or not he still loves Jill. Chuck responds with a resounding no and its at that point his father grabs his wrists in order to administer a lie detector test. Abe asks him the same question again and after his son gives his answer he tells his son that he’s not only telling the truth, but also that his heart belongs to Sarah. Move forward to Chuck talking about the mission involving Jill’s client Desmond Claudius and how he was involved some nasty business that would eventually be interrupted on a more permanent basis thanks to Team Chuck. During that time, Chuck shares how Jill kissed him asking if he still loves her and he responds by telling her that he is in love with Sarah. After that meeting with Jill, he would meet up with Casey and Sarah to find out that Charlie is not his son and the man who is his actual father was in fact Allan Watterman Cut to Chuck then talking about the second situation in which his family and Sarah when on a vacation to Poland where his mother grew up. It was there that he would run into an old friend when he was young…Marcelina. He shares how he would find out in a shocking way that he’s engaged to be married to her, which causes Sarah much grief to the point where he gives Chuck back the gold locket he gave her for Valentine’s day. Move forward to Chuck and his father in their hotel room where Abe gives his words of wisdom by giving a sports analogy, which Chuck didn’t get when he was kid and now as an adult. He would later figure out that advice and swing for the fences after finding out that Mareclina’s best friend Alexi was in love with her. At the wedding, Chuck spoke up much to the chagrin of Lina’s father who was none to please. However, things would work out in the end as Lina and Alexi would get married, while Sarah would be reunited with Chuck once again inevitably asking back her gold locket.
The scene begins with Chuck sitting against the corner of the black leather couch in a considerably comfortably position. His arms crossed and has a very sullen look on his face leading him to speak up.
Chuck: I took my father’s death hard because I knew the exact circumstance as to why he died and I couldn’t tell Ellie, Awesome, Morgan or any other friends what I knew. I couldn’t tell Ellie our father died serving his country on his final act as a spy. I couldn’t tell her that our father was killed…scratched that…murdered by a lunatic who sought revenge after being expelled from a secret organization named The Zeitgiest. I was tore me up inside knowing that secret and as much as I wanted to wallow in self pity I needed to be strong not just for Ellie, Devon, and Morgan, but for Team Chuck as well.
After returning from Colorado with my father’s body, General Beckman and Director Graham gave me a couple days to let things settle down before they meet with Sarah, Casey and I. I knew what was in store for us but at the particular point and time I didn’t really care because we, along with anyone associated with us, were under the protection of The Zeitgeist. Still…as much as I took solace in the fact that Beckman and Graham couldn’t even touch us and it was a nice feeling to know that the two people that I was intimidated by were indeed intimidated by their own bosses.
After the couple days were up, Casey informed Sarah and I that Beckman and Graham wanted to speak with us personally in the warehouse conference room. When we arrived, we were surprised to find that Sarah’s father, Travis, and Tobias would also be joining in on the conference much to the chagrin of Beckman and Graham who couldn’t do anything about because their hands were tied from the powers that be.

Fade Out

The scene begins in the warehouse conference room where Chuck is seated in between, Sarah and Casey on the right sight of the conference table with Beckman seated at the end while Graham stands to the side of her. Cut to Travis, Tobias, and Sarah’s father Jeremiah Wexler standing several feet away witnessing with interest at what is going on.
Beckman: Mr. Bartowski…again my deepest condolences to you and your family for your loss.
Chuck: Thank you General.
Graham: The reason we asked to meet with you three is we have some issues that concern us regarding you three as a team.
Casey: What concerns sir?
Beckman: Concerns such as you lying to me about the relationship status between Mr. Bartowski and Agent Walker for one.
Graham: You willfully and knowingly covered their relationship from us for the past 2 years. Not to mention, drawing your weapon at two superior officers.
Casey: Yes sir…I don’t deny my actions.
Chuck: Can I speak…
Casey cuts him off as he turns to him.
Casey: Bartwoski…
Chuck sees him just hold his hand up knowing that the words shut up wouldn’t be appropriate at this juncture. Beckman then speaks, turning her attention to Sarah.
Beckman: Agent Walker…cut to Sarah’s attention focused on her as Chuck looks intently on glancing at times to Casey…your job was to protect the asset and instead you became romantically involved with him. Were you aware of the dangers that would put not only yourself and Mr. Bartowski, but also the special skill set he has.
Sarah: Yes General…I was fully aware of the dangers at hand.
Graham: Agent Walker…feelings and emotions as you know are considered a liability in our business. They distract us from accomplishing the missions you are assigned to do and for you to disregard what protocol states is a total lack of self discipline for an agent such as yourself.
Cut to Sarah’s father Jeremiah Wexler agitated at verbal berating her daughter is receiving and is about to respond when Chuck stands up and speaks.
Chuck: I’m sorry…but I can’t stand idly bye and say nothing.
Sarah: Chuck…
Chuck: turn to look at her with concern I have to Sarah.
Casey gives a low growl as he mutters under his breathe.
Casey: Bartowski you idiot.
Beckman: All right Mr. Bartowski…you may speak.
Chuck: Thanks…ummm…Casey and Sarah aren’t just agents that are assigned to protect. I know I can get on their nerves a little…Casey responds with a grunt to which Chuck reacts with a brief look at the burley agent…anyways…I’ve come to know them as friends who I would count on as I put my trust in them to save my life. Sarah…looks at Sarah…isn’t just my handler or a C.I.A agent…looks at Graham and Beckman…to you maybe. To me…looks back at Sarah and points to himself…she a woman with real feelings and emotions. I…care about her…we care about each other and for you to say she exudes a total lack of self discipline when it comes to protecting me then you two need your eyes checked.
Beckman and Graham faces turn serious as they’re eyes seemingly bore a hole into Chuck.
Graham: raises left eyebrow Please explain Mr. Bartowski.
Cut to Chuck considerably nervous at the two staring at him.
Chuck: Well…the feelings we share aren’t considered as you see it a liability. As a matter of fact, they are an absolute asset because she’s becomes more focused especially when I’m in danger. The strong feelings we share play to the strengths and not to the weaknesses of our team.
Graham chimes in as he looks at Casey.
Graham: Agent Casey…do you agree with Chuck’s assessment?
All eyes were on Casey as they were waiting for his response to Chuck’s statement. After a brief moment Casey responds.
Casey: As much as Agent Walker compromised herself in regards to her feelings with Agent Walker I agree with Chuck’s assessment. Cut to Chuck with a hint of a grin on his face as he looks at Sarah. When he turns back to look at Beckman and Graham his smile goes completely flat as Casey continues. The feelings they have for each other have at times interfered with certain mission…cut to Beckman and Graham giving looks of disappoint towards Chuck and Sarah…however…whenever either one of them is danger they are able to step up in a tremendous way. They bring out the best in each other not just in a personal, but in a professional way as well. I am honored and proud to have Agent Walker as my partner…looks at Sarah as he gives a low grunt…she’s the best damn partner I ever had.
Cut to Sarah acknowledging Casey with a hint of a smile on her face.
Chuck: chimes in with a grin What about me?
Casey: You’re still a moron…cut to Chuck grin immediately going flat…BUT without you there wouldn’t be a Team Chuck. You’re valuable to the team…as a partner…and…as a friend.
Chuck is surprised by what Casey said at the latter end of his statement.
Chuck: points at Casey Did you just call me your friend?
Casey: gives a low growl You heard me…don’t make me repeat myself.
Chuck is beaming from ear to ear as he looks at Sarah who gives a approving smile towards him. He then sits back down between Casey and Sarah to await what Beckman and Graham have to say.
Beckman: We’ve heard enough…please step out of the room while we talk.
Team Chuck, along with Travis, Tobias, and Wexler, head out the room. The scene ends with all 6 of them close the door behind them as it has a close up shot of Beckman and Graham having a serious discussion.

Fade Out

The scene begins outside of the conference room where all 6 are wondering what Beckman and Graham are talking about. After a moment or two, Travis walks up to Chuck.
Travis: Pretty intense in there Chuck.
Chuck: You’re telling me…at one point I thought I crapped my pants the way General Beckman was staring at me.
Sarah: You did great Chuck.
Chuck: Thanks…you know for a tiny woman she can be very intimidating.
Cut to Casey and Tobias standing in the background witnessing what is going on leading Tobias to speak up.
Tobias: He is a moron.
Casey: I would say the same for the guys standing next to him.
Tobias: Travis has his moments, but he gets the job done.
Casey: You know we may be unorthodox in how we handle things, but at least we get results and most of that is due to Chuck.
Tobias: And his special skills.
Casey: Special…low snorting chuckle…he’s special all right.
As he says that, it cuts to Jeremiah Wexler speaking up looking at Chuck with a proud smile on his face.
Wexler: You handled yourself very well in there standing up for Casey and especially for my daughter.
Chuck: You’re daughter is an exceptional woman sir and I would fight for her tooth and nail.
Sarah: Ditto.
Chuck takes Sarah’s hand and kisses the top of it leading him to wrap his arm around her shoulder. The scene cuts to several moments later where the gang is standing around talking with each other when Director Graham opens the door to the conference room informing them to come in. After a brief moment, Team Chuck is seated with Travis, Wexler, and Tobias are in the background once again. Beckman finish a small conversation with Graham, takes a moment to look at Team Chuck, and then speaks up.
Beckman: Mr. Bartowski…places hands on the table exuding a stoic, serious look…we took what you said under consideration and the fact your team has a high success rate when it involves your mission. That withstanding…looks at Casey and Sarah…you lied to us and though we cannot fire you…glances at Wexler and Tobias…you two will be reassigned effectively immediately.
Cut to all 6 people clearly dumbfounded leading Chuck to speak up.
Chuck: quickly stands up You can’t do that!
Graham: We can Mr. Bartowski…Graham and Beckman…you will be assigned new handlers as soon as possible.
Travis: What the fu...
Tobias: cuts off Travis Quiet down
As he says that, Wexler walks up to pull aside Beckman as Casey sits at the table with his head down silent while Chuck comforts Sarah who is cleary upset.
Wexler: What are you doing Edna…leans in and whispers…remember our talk in Colorado!?
Beckman: I do…but when it comes to a particular threat like that I, as well as, Director Graham highly doubt you will go through with it.
Wexler: What makes you think I won’t.
Beckman: Your sense of morality and patriotism to this great country. You won’t let the United States be defenseless when terrorist threats like the Taliban and Bin Ladin are still out there. Cut to Wexler listening intently You won’t do it because our military overseas is counting on your weapons to fight the good fight and without weapons you’ll have the deaths of countless soldiers on your hands. I know you Jeremiah…you wouldn’t risk the safety of the United States for your daughter’s relationship with Chuck. You’re bluffing. Cut to Wexler taking a moment to let what she said sink in and then glances at Sarah being comforted by Chuck. Well…smug look on her face…I don’t think you will.
Wexler hangs his head with his hands at his sides and after a brief moment he looks up.
Wexler: Damn right I will.
Beckman’s smug look immediately goes flat as she sees Wexler take out his cell phone and dials a number.
Beckman: You can’t be serious.
Wexler holds a finger up in front of Beckman’s face. After a couple of seconds of waiting he gets the person on the other end to where he speaks loud enough for everyone to hear.
Wexler: Whittaker…this is Jeremiah Wexler…authorization code Alpha 24518...yes...I want to cut my contract with the military effectively immediately.
Cut to Sarah walking quickly up to find out what her father is doing.
Sarah: Dad…what are you doing?
Wexler: Business doodlebug…I’m calling…points to Beckman…her bluff. Oh…by the way I was talking with Mr. Travis over there…they all look at Travis who responds by waving…and he has expressed interest in joining this team.
Graham: This is outrageous…
Cut to Wexler calmly taking a seat in a nearby chair as Beckman and Graham are talking seriously amongst themselves. Cut to the outside of the conference where Welxer walks out with a smirk on his face as the Team Chuck along with Tobias and Travis walk out victorious. As they are walking, an agent calls out to Sarah leading her to tell Chuck she’ll catch up with group. Sarah talks with the agent who as they are speaking a look of seriousness appears on her face as he hands her a disc. The scene ends with Sarah holding the disc in her hand as the agent walks off.

Fade Out

The scene begins with Chuck exuding a smirk on his face as he remembers how Sarah’s father put one over on Beckman and Graham. After a while his smirk suddenly turns flat as he sadly looks off to the side.
Chuck: My father’s funeral was nice as it was attended by family and friends that included Ellie wedding planner Mary Fiore with her husband, Casey’s girlfriend Jayne, Rusty and Isabel Ryan, dad’s friend Big Sal Tessio, and so many others who I didn’t know knew my father. It just goes to show how he effected others in such a positive way. Oh before I continue did I mention The Zeitgeist picked up the bill for my dad’s funeral anonymously of course, which was a nice surprise to my sister. Anyways…after giving a heartfelt and tearful speech I took my seat in between Sarah and Ellie with Devon sitting next to her. Morgan and the buy more gang were there as well. Morgan, Travis, Tobias, and Casey were sitting behind me along with his girlfriend Jayne.
It was a nice showing of support for the Bartowski family. After it was all said and done with condolences being given to Ellie and Me…I was left alone to be with my father one last time. During that moment of silence, I could hear someone walking up behind me to the point where I told that person I wanted to be alone. When he responded I heard a very familiar voice and when I turned around it was William Jax.
The scene flashes back to Forrest Lawn Memorial where William Jax stands before Chuck. After a moment of stunned silence, Chuck speaks up in a whisper.
Chuck: Jax…what are you doing here?
Jax: I came to pay my respects to a dearly departed old friend.
Chuck: looking around You do know Beckman and Graham are looking for you.
Jax: Yeah…walking over and putting his hand on top of Abe’s coffin…I know. Hello old friend.
Chuck: Well!?
Jax: looks at Chuck Well what?
Chuck: Aren’t you worried about surveillance especially now…that you’re standing here…pointing to himself…with me.
Jax: Nope…I’m not worried.
Chuck: throws hands in the air as he whispers loud Why not?
Jax: Let’s just say after receiving an unexpected call, I was informed that I’m now under the protection of some very mutual and not to mention influential friends. They can't touch me.
Chuck: The Zeitgeist.
Jax: Yeah…pretty interesting company you’ve been keeping now a days.
Chuck: Did they tell you about dad?
Cut to Jax speaking to Chuck while looking at the Abe’s casket.
Jax: They did and it was sad to hear…looks at the Abe's casket...he was a good man.
Chuck: Tell me something I don’t know.
Jax: He talked about you…looks at Chuck…you and your sister often especially when we both on missions together.
Chuck: Really!?
Jax: Of course…and every time he spoke of you or your sister he would be smiling from ear to ear, which is why I’m telling you that instead of mourning his death…smile and celebrate his life.
Chuck: I want to…but its hard you know.
Jax puts his right hand on Chuck’s left shoulder.
Jax: Its hard to say goodbye…I know…don’t think of this as a goodbye but rather think of it as him being reunited with your mother after being away from her for so long.
Chuck: chuckles a bit He’ll probably get the chance to finally explain his side to her.
Jax: Knowing your mother…she’ll probably slap him upside the head first when he does.
Chuck: You knew my mom?
Jax: She was a beautiful and extraordinary woman…your father was lucky to have her and the two you in his life. Even though you didn’t know it…I was there at the funeral watching over you two and helping out the best I could.
Chuck: So…the money that we received and certain bills that were paid were your doing?
Jax: I helped when I could and it was for a friend who would do the same for me if my family were in the same situation.
Chuck: Wow.
Jax: Wow is right son. Listen…your father is never gone and…taps his chest…if you keep him in your heart…and…taps his head…keep him in your thoughts he won’t ever be gone.
Chuck: Did my father teach you that?
Jax: He taught me a lot of things.
Chuck: He was a good teacher.
Jax: Indeed he was.
Chuck and Jax share a moment of silence leading Jax to rustle his hair in a playful manner. The scene ends with the camera panning back as the two stand in front of Abe’s casket talking/sharing stories.

Fade Out

The scene begins with façade of Casa Bartowski and cut to Chuck’s room where he returns from the funeral. He removes his coat, hangs on the computer chair, and then sits at the edge of his bed. After taking off his shoes, he hears a knock at the door and when he turns his head to look its Sarah.
Chuck: Hey…what’s up.
Sarah: Just seeing how you were doing…how was your talk with Jax?
Chuck: How…right…you can sense each other sort of like immortals from the show Highlander can’t you.
Sarah laughs at his response.
Sarah: look of concern Chuck…I need to talk to you for a minute.
Chuck: Of course…is anything wrong.
Sarah: Its about your father.
Chuck: What about my father?
Sarah: Before he took the helicopter from the warehouse to come to our rescue…he left a message…for you,
Chuck eyes wide on that bit of news.
Chuck: He did…where is it?
Sarah opens her purse and takes out the disc handing it to Chuck.
Sarah: The tech guys found it and they transferred it that disc for you. I’ll let you have your privacy and watch it.
Chuck just stares at the disc and before Sarah makes her exit out of his room he speaks up.
Chuck: Thanks.
Chuck looks at Sarah who looks back with a comforting smile of her own. Chuck closes his door, goes to sit at his computer, and pops in the disc. After a waiting for several seconds, a video message pops up.
Abe: Hey son…I don’t have much time. I know that I may not have the chance to say if for some reason I don’t make it back. Cut to Chuck beginning to tear up BUT if I don’t…I don’t want you to be angry at me because it was something I had to do…being a spy is in my blood. I just want you to know that I’m proud of you and all that you’ve accomplished or will accomplish in the future. Tears begin to fall down Chuck’s cheek Tell Casey…we’ll have to postpone on him getting his ass kicked by me. Chuck gives a hint of laughter as he cries Tell Sarah…take good care of my boy. Lastly…I wanted to say to you…be there for your sister…watch out for each other. Friends will come and go but family is forever. Remember son…second chances are hard to come by and when you do get once seize it…cherish it…and never let it slip through your fingers. I love you.
The message immediately goes snowy and then cut to Chuck in tears leading the flashback to end as it goes back to the present with Chuck sitting on the black leather couch in tears. After a moment or two, he wipes his face and begins to speak up.
Chuck: My father left me a message basically telling me to not be angry at his action and that he was proud of me. Looks and point up in the air I love you old man. You know…its comforting me in knowing that during that whole chaotic situation he took that one moment to say what he said from the heart. I miss my father more than ever, but he’s in Heaven with my mother looking down on me with smiles on their faces.
Anyways…that’s pretty much it. Looks at his watch Wow…look at the time its late. Well…I’ve shared with you all that has happened till now so do you have anything you want to say?
As he says that, it cuts to C.J. Ryan in a Fisher Price Swinger Rocker and show him responding with him giggling at his godfather. Chuck get’s up and goes over kneeling down in front of C.J. tickling him making him giggle even more.
That’s it…that’s your response after I spilled my guts to you. Hey…thanks for listening to me even though you didn’t understand any of what I was saying.
As that happens, the front door opens leading Sarah to walk in and seeing Chuck interacting with C.J.
Sarah: smiles Hey boys…Sarah walks over kisses Chuck and then caresses C.J. cheek…how are my two favorite men doing?
Chuck: Awesome…we had a fun time doing guy stuff.
Sarah: raising right eyebrow Really!? What did you two?
Chuck: Ate…pooped…farted…scratched ourselves…drank beer. Well…I drank beer…points to C.J…he drank his formula. You know the typical guy stuff. Standing up to wrap her arms around her. How was your day?
Sarah: Busy at Orange Orange…turns to look up at him while he embraces her…so what did you two really do?
Chuck: We hung out and talked…actually I talked while the ankle biter laughed at me.
Sarah: So you had a productive day then babysitting him?
Chuck: Pretty much.
Sarah breaks the embraces heading towards the kitchen, but before she walks in she turns to Chuck.
Sarah: Have you considered talking with the C.I.A Psychologist…I still think it would help.
Chuck glances at C.J. and then grins at Sarah.
Chuck: I’m all right…thanks for the offer though.
Sarah responds with a smile as she heads into the kitchen. Chuck stands there for a moment with a smile appearing on his face as he turns to look at C.J. who giggles once again as Chuck gives him a goofy face. Chuck goes and kneels in front of C.J. and whispers to him.
Chuck: Hey…maybe next time I’ll share the story of when I asked Sarah to marry me. It has happened yet, but it will...smiles...soon. Would you like that?
Cut to C.J. smiling and then Chuck picking him up C.J. holding him in his arms. He sits down on the black leather couch and the scene ends with Sarah walking in from the kitchen with drink in had sitting comfortable next to both of them.

The End

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amazing job! I enjoyed reading every post. Keep up the good work.