About Me

My photo
Let's see, I'm a single, 39 year old 5'2-ish pinoy who worked with kids for the 14 years and I was pretty good at it. I am now working in a totally different area away from kids and it's awesome. Anyways, for fun I listen to music, draw, play video games, watch movies, hang with friends, surf the internet, go skydiving, and write down my thoughts, which I call Yodaisms. I'm pretty much a quiet, laid back dude once you get to know me and that's pretty much it, so have fun reading my thoughts. Take care and peace out!

Friday, March 13, 2009

Chuck vs. The Black Leather Couch Part 9

To recap what previously happened Chuck reflects back on the gelling on Team Chuck to where he begins to talk about Agent John Casey and how he was when Dr. Strickland’s son Hunter got him considerably agitated upon their first meeting as he kicked Casey in the leg 2 times. Cut to the parking garage of the Warehouse where Casey is annoyed by the fact that he has be in his own words a babysitter for not only Chuck but also Hunter as well. Move forward to a discussion amongst Team Chuck to the point where they all look down at Hunter to where he proceeds to kick Casey in the leg for the 3rd time causing Hunter to laugh leading Chuck and Sarah to do so as well. Move forward to Casey’s apartment where he and Chuck are talking as Hunter is playing on his couch playing with Chuck’s toy dinosaurs. After a moment or they both find that he’s no longer sitting on the couch to where there is a frantic search that leads Chuck to find Hunter in Casey’s bedroom playing with a tattered stuff dog. Cut to Casey entering to see the playful interaction between Chuck and Hunter along with his tattered stuff dog Mr. Bruiser leading him to be angry to the point where he causes Hunter to cry. A look of possible regret appears on Casey’s face leading to the later that night as Chuck, along with Sarah, put Hunter to bed. Cut to the living room where the conversation about being a potential father leads to a moment shared between Chuck and Sarah only to be interrupted by a crying hunter who apparently fell out of bed. Moments later Chuck is standing outside with Casey who hands him his tattered stuff dog for Hunter to play with in order for him to feel better inevitably surprising Chuck who not only thanks him, but also promises never to tell Sarah about what he did. After that moment, Casey begins to hang around a bit but not outwardly showing that Hunter has grown on him even though inwardly he is being affected by him to where it cuts to Hunter leaving giving him a hug around his neck leading him to struggle for a moment and then gives in showing that the “Cold School” Killer Agent John Casey possibly has a heart after all.
The scene begins with a shot of the black leather couch and after a few moments Chucks walks into camera view talking on his cell. A few seconds later he hangs up and then looks at the person he’s talking to he puts his cell phone in his right front pocket leading him to sit down in a comfortable position to where he speaks up.
Chuck: That was Sarah…she was checking to see how I was doing. Pauses a bit and then a hint of a smile appears on his face You know…I must of done something right to truly deserve a woman like Sarah because I can be the first one to tell you I never thought in a million years my supposed charm that I have would have her fall in love with me. Leans forward Thinking about it, ever since Sarah stepped into my life my “charm” has basically attracted a number of women during our “fake relationship” who either liked me, wanted to sleep with me, or wanted to kill me but not necessarily in that order. Shakes head as lets out a chuckle You know what’s funny…there have been two relationships that I genuinely thought I could lead a normal life with…hangs head as he rubs his neck…but I ended up finding out that my life…looks up…was never going to be normal. Anyways, when I first met Lou I couldn’t help but be attracted to her because she was a bit of nerd as well when it came to meats and cheeses being that she’s a deli owner. It was at that point when she left Morgan pops up and tells me that I’m a mind cheater, which wasn’t far from the truth. Sits back and looks up at the ceiling The truth…it’s a hard pill to swallow some say and when it came to my fake relationship with Sarah and a possible real relationship with Lou Palone…I chose the real relationship. When I stood in front of Sarah in Weinerlicious. I looked straight in the eyes to tell that I couldn’t do it anymore because it killed me inside knowing at that time Sarah, under truth serum mind you, told me the thing under the undercover thing wasn’t going anywhere. That’s when I took the initiative and fake broke up with her so I could lead a life with a woman who I thought would make me happy. I can safely say Morgan…from day one…has been a main supporter of my relationship with Sarah and when others including myself didn’t see any glimmer of hope he saw it. You know…there was a point in my imminent “break up” with Sarah to what the kids call today my “hook up” with Lou that Morgan and I had a talk in the break room regarding what I was thinking about doing.
As he says that, the scene flashes back to the Buy More break room where Chuck is sitting down at the table while Morgan walks into camera view with a concerned look on his face as his arms are crossed. After a moment of silence Morgan speaks up.
Morgan: As your best friend I think you’re out of freaking mind because any guy would give anything to be in your shoes man…Chuck is a bit antsy in his seat as looks at his bearded best friend grilling him…but as a guy…puts his right hand on Chuck’s left shoulder…I understand.
Chuck: bewildered look Really!?
Morgan: Yeah man…sits down across from Chuck…you have do what you have to do. It doesn’t make sense mind you…shakes head…but if you’re happier with Lou than with Sarah then I’m happy for you.
Chuck: Thanks man…it means a lot to me coming from you.
Morgan: smiles No problem. Chuckles a bit as he runs his right hand through his hair You know what…points at Chuck…you’re the Patrick Dempsey of our nerdy generation.
Chuck immediately gives Morgan a weird look.
Chuck: In what way?
Morgan: Remember the movie Can’t Buy Me Love?
Chuck: Are you kidding…that movie is a piece of nerd Americana.
Morgan: Well…his nerdy character Ronald Miller makes a deal with the most popular girl in school to date him in order to become popular himself and in return she gets the money to pay for her mother’s dress that she messed up.
Chuck: Yeah…I know and they end up falling in love. What’s your point?
Morgan: My point is…points at Chuck…you’re Ronald Miller and by dating Sarah you’ve become popular and whereby I’ve become popular by association…unless…
Chuck: Unless what?
Morgan: You haven’t been paying Sarah to date you or something scandalous like that…leans in…are you?
There is a momentary pause as Morgan looks at Chuck who is waiting for an answer. After a brief moment Chuck responds.
Chuck: nervously laughs Of course not…waves hand…don’t be ridiculous.
Morgan and Chuck share a laugh leading Chuck to turn his head away from him showing his eyes widen. After the laugh subsides Morgan speaks up.
Morgan: waves hand That would be crazy…looks to the side and then back Chuck…look just think about what you’re doing to me if you do break up with Sarah.
Chuck: That’s the thing Morg…it’s not about you.
Morgan: Fine…have you told Ellie yet?
Chuck: shakes head No I haven’t and I don’t think she’ll take the news well. Cut to Morgan’s face perking up with that bit of news I have to break it to her gently because other than you…points at Morgan…Ellie has been overwhelming supportive of Sarah to the point where she treats her like a sister-in-law.
Morgan: Well then…I think I should be there to console her and comfort her when you do. Chuck gives that “you’re funeral if you try” look Or not.
Chuck: You know Morg…I got to do what’s best for me.
Morgan: Throws hands in the air Why!?
Chuck: Its complicated buddy…trust me on this.
Morgan: I still think you’re possibly making the biggest mistake of your life…but whatever choice you’re make I’ll be fine with it…I got your back.
Chuck nods at Morgan in recognition that whatever he does he’ll support him no matter what. The scene ends with Morgan reaching out for a first tap leading Chuck to reciprocate.

Fade Out

The scene begins back in the present with Chuck sitting comfortably against the black leather couch with his head back rubbing his forehead. After a few moments of rubbing his forehead, he faces forward and begins to speaking.
Chuck: The relationship between Lou and I didn’t last very long because 1…point finger in the air...I ended up accusing her of being a co-conspirator with her ex-boyfriend and his father in smuggling arms, but she wasn’t much to my embarrassment. Nods Yeah…what a way to say you’ve royally screwed up then by doing that. And that leads to…points two fingers in the air…#2, which is something I still remember to this day and it was after the kiss with Sarah at the docks. Sarah was off giving her status report to C.I.A Director Graham leaving me with Casey and let’s just say he abruptly ended the relationship for me.
As he says that, the scene flashes back to the docks where countless agents are walking around. After a moment or two it cuts to Casey who has just ended his conversation with General Graham when Chuck walks up in order to talk to him.
Chuck: looks around Where’s Sarah?
Casey: low grunt She’s busy…what do you want?
Chuck: I just want to talk to her.
Casey: gruff tone About what?
Chuck: To see if she’s okay that’s all.
Casey: smirks You worried about Agent Walker Bartowski…puts right hand on Chuck’s left shoulder…I’m touched.
Chuck: surprised look Wow Casey…smiles…really!?
Casey: No.
Chuck loses the smile leading Casey to quickly respond in disgust.
Casey: Be a man Bartowski and quit acting like a girl…you dumped her remember.
Chuck: That’s not it…
Casey: What then?
Chuck: Well…umm…can’t a guy be concerned about his fake ex-girlfriend?
Casey just stares at Chuck.
Casey: You’re pathetic Bartowski.
Chuck: I don’t think so.
Casey: Look…do you want to write a note with all your lady feelings on it so I can pass it along to her?
Chuck: No…gives Casey a smarmy look as he shakes his head…but thank you though.
Casey: Look Bartowski…as much as I would enjoy watching you grovel your way back into a fake relationship again with Walker…we have important matters to attend to. So why don’t you just go home while the professionals handle this situation.
Chuck: All right…turns to leave…it gives me a chance to smooth things over with Lou for the third time. Casey gives an amusing grunt to which Chuck reacts to as he stops and slowly turns around What was that grunt…looks intently at Casey…what did you do Casey?
Casey: Nothing.
Chuck: inches towards Casey Casey…gives stern curious tone…what did you do?
Casey: I told her I was undercover FDA and…
Chuck: grimaces as he interrupts Casey You didn’t mention my name did you?
Casey: Nope
Chuck: Thank God.
Casey: Although…Chuck hangs his head and then looks up throwing his hands in the air…she is a smart girl you know.
Chuck gives a half hearted smiles as he nods.
Chuck: Yes…yes I know.
Casey: Have you tried her sandwiches…kisses his fingers…to die for.
Chuck: Yes…I’ve tried them…very tasty.
Casey: Relax Bartowski…maybe she’s not that smart.
Chuck: You think?
Casey: She’s stupid enough to date you…I consider that not a smart move on her part?
Cut to Chuck giving Casey a look and then responds.
Chuck: What…what if she does know?
Casey: Well…slaps chuck in the back of his left shoulder…then it sucks to be you Bartowski.
Casey walks off with a huge smirk on his face as he thoroughly enjoyed ribbing Chuck. The scene ends with Chuck just standing there speechless as he watches Casey walk off knowing that the relationship with Lou is unfortunately over.

Fade Out

The scene begins back in the present with Chuck sitting on the full length of the black leather couch with hands folded resting on his stomach. He has this far off look on his face and after a second or two he turns to face the person he’s speaking to off camera.
Chuck: Thanks to Casey, my chance to reconcile with Lou failed and the sandwich she named after me “The Chuck Bartowski” was sadly done away with. Shrugs shoulders The damage was done and in hindsight that relationship was never meant to be. Pauses a bit Now when it came to Katherine Matthews, she came at a point when Sarah and I agreed to just be friends after the whole Lon Kirk situation. She and I hit it off instantly and before you knew it I asked her out. As I was sitting at the nerd herd desk, Morgan apparently saw a goofy grin on my face and proceeded to grill me.
Upon saying that, the scene flashes back to the nerd herd desk where Chuck is sitting back in his chair when Morgan walks up from behind him and speaks up.
Morgan: Whatcha doing bro?
Chuck: Just thinking…Morg…just thinking.
Morgan: About Sarah…nods and smiles…I told you being just friends with her was a mistake…
Chuck: interrupts Morgan It’s not about Sarah buddy.
Morgan: curious tone If its not about Sarah…who then?
Chuck: Katherine Matthews…smiles…or Kat for short.
Morgan: Who is she? Is she hot?
Chuck: Well…when you left she came up to the desk all frantic searching for a role playing game for her brother. Looks at Morgan and then shakes his head You know what…to make a long story short I have a date with her tonight.
Morgan: What!?
Chuck: Yup…going to hear some good music and then to the movies.
Morgan: Chuck Bartowski…gives Chuck a bear hug…I love you.
As he says that, an elderly couple walks past giving them a strange look leading Chuck to acknowledge them with a half hearted smile and nod.
Chuck: Okay…pushes Morgan back…that’s long enough.
Morgan: You lucky devil you…pretend boxes Chuck’s left shoulder…you’re becoming a straight up pimp my man.
Chuck: I wouldn’t say that.
Morgan: I would…you’re like Patrick Dempsey’s in the movie Loverboy.
Chuck gives Morgan a weird look.
Chuck: Seriously…what is with you comparing me to Patrick Dempsey?
Morgan: I would have compared you to the king of all nerds Anthony Michael Hall and his character Johnny Walker from the movie Johnny Be Good but I don’t see you as the jock type.
Chuck: True.
Morgan: waves hand Anyways…all I’m saying is you’ve become the nerd lothario in which all nerds everywhere aspire to be.
Chuck: I don’t want to be put on that type of pedestal.
Morgan: Too late because I’m already worshipping…bowing down…at your feet.
Chuck: Knock it off Morgan.
Morgan: For just one day…points at Chuck…I would like to be you.
Chuck: Trust me when I say Morg…puts left hand on Morgan’s right shoulder…you or anyone else for that matters wouldn’t want to be me.
Morgan: Right…so tell me what’s your secret?
Chuck: No secret…I’m just being me.
Morgan: That’s it!?
Chuck: What were you expecting?
Morgan: The holy grail of knowledge that I can bring forth to the nerd masses.
Chuck: Just be you…that is pretty much the extent of the knowledge right there my bearded little friend.
Morgan: I don’t believe you…there’s got to be more.
Chuck: Believe me or not…points at Morgan…just be you.
Morgan: Come on...Chuck shrugs his shoulders as he walks around the nerd herd desk, walks away backwards from Morgan who is still sitting behind the desk, and then turns around…share the legend that is Chuck Bartowski.
Cut to a front shot of Chuck with a smile on his face as he walks towards the camera and then veers left. The scene ends with Morgan in the background yelling at Chuck’s name one more time, throws his hands in the air, and then walking off to the right.

Fade Out

The scene begins back in the present with Chuck sitting in the same position he was in last time only his left arm is resting in the back of the couch. He’s looks up as if he’s thinking about something to where he’s tapping his fingers on the couch and after a few moments he turns to look at the person he’s speaking to and begins talking.
Chuck: The relationship with Kat lasted longer than with Lou and things were going well…surprisingly well to where I met her family. For the first time in my life since I became a government analyst I was happy or so I thought at the time. I was having fun with Kat and from my standpoint there was an absolute professional relationship between Sarah and I until she accused Kat of cheating on me with another man. That other man turned out to be her 18 year old younger brother and that’s when I lashed out at her for being jealous that I was a uncomplicated, happy, real relationship. That unfortunate situation caused a bit of tension not only between Sarah and I, but also in the dynamic of Team Chuck so much so that when we were on a mission at Comicon to capture an ex-military scientist Xavier Tombs. My job was to simply point out his associates and any potential buyers that he may be selling to. On a side not…I did get to meet and shake hands with Stan Lee. Anyways, getting back to the mission…Tombs escaped to where all three of us went after him and ended up in the bowls of the building. Casey went solo leaving me with Sarah giving me the opportunity to thank her for taking a picture along side a childhood hero of mine. It was at that point one of the scariest things I ever saw happened to Sarah as Tombs came out of nowhere with a lead pipe knocking her out and ends up falling down the stairs to the floor below totally unconscious. To make a long story short, Tombs was captured and Sarah suffered a broken arm. As I sat by her beside during her time in the hospital, I came to a revelation about Sarah and I ended up calling Kat to see if we could meet in order to talk.
The scene flashes back to the façade of Tropicana Apts and then cut to the inside of Kat’s nicely furnished apartment where there is a knock at the door. Kat walks out of her bedroom straight to the door, looks through the peep hole, opens it, and there stands Chuck with a nervous smile on his face.
Kat: Hey Chuck…you called and said you wanted to talk. Kat motions him in to her apartment What’s up?
Chuck: Just wanted to stop by and talk. How are your folks…your brother…doing by the way?
Kat: They’re doing good.
Chuck: rubbing hands Awesome. Umm…how about your kids?
Kat: They’re doing good too.
Chuck: Again awesome news…you’re doing an awesome job as their nanny by the way.
Kat: Chuck is that it or is there something more you want to talk about other than how its awesome that my family and kids are doing good?
Chuck: Yeah…looks at the couch to their right…can we sit.
A concerned look appears on Kat’s face.
Kat: Sure…Chuck and Kat sit…is something wrong?
Chuck: We’ve been going out for about a month now and I don’t know about you but I’ve been having the best time with you.
Kat: Yeah…I’m having the best time with you too.
Cut to Chuck having difficulty trying to find the words to say because he’s never been in this particular position before leading to an even more concerned look on Kat’s face. After a brief moment, he sucks it up and begins talking again.
Chuck: You’re a great girl and you’re everything I’ve been looking for.
At the moment, Kat has this look of realization on her face.
Kat: I can’t believe this…stands up, walks forward a few feet, and then turns around…you’re breaking up with me.
Chuck: It’s not you…points to himself…it’s me.
Kat: No…no…no…don’t tell me you’re about to break up with me.
Chuck: I’m sorry…stands up as Kat angrily stands there glaring at Chuck with her arms crossed…but…
Kat: interrupts Chuck But what…begins pacing back and forth in front of Chuck…I thought you were different than the guys I usually date. You were actually sincere, honest, caring, trustworthy and…pauses as she tries to find the words and then looks at Chuck…is this about Sarah?
Chuck: Takes a deep breathe Yeah…it is about her.
Cut to Kat who has mixture of emotions on her face.
Kat: You still have feelings for her don’t you.
Chuck: It’s complicated…
Kat: interrupts Chuck Do you or do you not have feelings for your ex?
Chuck: Looks down at the floor Listen…
Kat: That answers my question.
Chuck: Hey…Chuck walks up and reaches out in order to hold by the side of the arms…I’m sorry it had to be this way…
Kat throws her arms up and backs up in order to keep him at arm’s length.
Kat: angered tone Save it! Do you know how many times I thought I met the right guy and they ended up being a jerk. I never thought in million years you would turn out to be one of those guys.
Kat stands next to her kitchen table where several shoe boxes are sitting as Chuck tries to keep the situation calm as possible.
Chuck: You have every right to be angry with me…
Kat: interrupts Chuck again as she points finger straight at Chuck I’m way past angry.
Cut to Chuck cautiously trying to not bury himself any further.
Chuck: How angry are you?
Cut to Kat tapping the shoe boxes on top of her kitchen table with a look on her face that would put a fear of God in any man’s face. The shot then movies immediately to Chuck’s face with a awkward smile on his face anticipating her answer. The scene ends with the outside shot of Kat’s front door where you to hear a muffled scream and objects impacting the door leading you to see Chuck quickly opening the door to get himself out there as shoes whiz past his head.

Fade Out

The scene begins back in the present again with Chuck sitting at the edge of the black leather couch, head down, leaning forward, and holding his hands. After a while, he gives of a look of regret on his face to where he speaks up.
Chuck: If I had to do it over again…I would have a chosen a neutral and not to mention much less dangerous place to talk to Kat without any potential weapons nearby to use to throw at me. You know for a girl she threw that high heel shoe at my head like a major league baseball player and I swear it left a possible hole on the top of my head.
It’s been a while since I’ve seen her...wait…I did see her in passing one time at The Grove when I was with Sarah and she was with a guy. I was able to catch her eye and in that small moment of time she seemed happy being that she was holding hands with him and being considerably affectionate. I really don’t know if she was able to get over what I did to her and hopefully…if we do ever meet up again…we can put the past behind us and become friends.
Wishful thinking I know…but I try to find the good in people and I know Kat is a great girl who will hopefully move on with life and not let the past hold her back. Maybe in another lifetime, if I wasn’t a government analyst...she and I would have a complicated free normal relationship in which I was possibly married to her. Shrugs shoulders Who knows.
Thinking about it though, there is no disputing that Sarah and I were meant to be together. I can’t see my life without her and the same can be said for her about me. She and I have literally been through hell and back as we’ve both experienced our own trials and tribulations to get to the point where we are at now. Smiles She is no doubt the great love of my life.

Fade To Black

No comments: