About Me

My photo
Let's see, I'm a single, 39 year old 5'2-ish pinoy who worked with kids for the 14 years and I was pretty good at it. I am now working in a totally different area away from kids and it's awesome. Anyways, for fun I listen to music, draw, play video games, watch movies, hang with friends, surf the internet, go skydiving, and write down my thoughts, which I call Yodaisms. I'm pretty much a quiet, laid back dude once you get to know me and that's pretty much it, so have fun reading my thoughts. Take care and peace out!

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Chuck Vs. The Revelation

[The episode opens with an early morning 7 a.m. with a scenic view of the Hollywood Sign, NBC Studios, and the L.A. Times as sun rises up from the horizon. You then see a shot of the Staples center and on the marquee it reads Welcome To Comicon 2008. Jan10-12. You then cut to the facade of Buy More and inside you see Morgan at the info desk reading comic books when all of a sudden he hears Big Mike booming voice in front of him]
Big Mike: [wearing sunglasses and drinking coffee]Grimes!
Morgan: [quickly puts down the comic book]Yes…Ray Charles…I mean Big Mike.
Big Mike: You’re not paid to sit there and read comic books…you’re paid to work. [looks around]Where is the other half of your brain?
Morgan: [confused look]Who…Chuck?
Big Mike: Yes...Chuck.
Morgan: [pointing finger in the air]Yeah…remember at your birthday party last night. The one where you totally got hammered at…you thanked him for putting it together and gave him today off today.
[cut to Big Mike holding/messaging his temple]
Big Mike: I did? Well…okay then…get back to work. I’ll be in my office…don’t disturb me for anything and for crying out loud…keep the noise level down.
[looks around Buy More and nobody is making any noise except for the loud speaker playing the regular elevator music, Anna smacking her gum, and Jeff/Lester passed out snoring in the hole avoiding work.]
[Cut to the façade of Casa Bartowski and then cut Chuck’s bedroom as you see him being woken up by the sound of his phone ringing. He blindly searches for his phone dropping that have suddenly stopped and in doing so he knocks over several items off his nightstand eventually getting to it. When he looks at his phone he finds that there are several voicemails from Casey telling him to be at home theatre at Buy More ASAP and come through the back door. As he slowly sits up and looks at his phone again he inevitably sees the picture of Sarah on it. He stares at it for several seconds and then throws it against the wall with such force that it breaks apart. The camera returns to Chuck who closes his eyes, inhales/exhales, and then bangs his head against the wall several times. Cut to Casey and Sarah discussing a mission that General Beckman and C.I.A Director Graham consider to be of the utmost importance. Beckman notices that Chuck isn’t there and thus begins the conversation in progress]
Beckman: Where is Mr. Bartowski?
Casey: [thinking of an excuse]He’s…
Sarah: [interrupts Casey]He’s suffering from an enlarged prostate.[Cut to Casey looking at Sarah]He’s been seeing a doctor about it and…[rolling with it]I strongly urge you sir[looking at Graham] to get a check up. Men who are past the age of 35 experience problems more readily as they grow older.
Graham: [a look of concern]Thank you for your concern Agent Walker…my monthly physical is coming up. I’ll make a note it.
[Cut to Sarah smiling and then to Casey who can’t believe what he is hearing]
Graham: Now getting back to Mr. Bartowski’s current whereabouts….
[As Beckman says that Chuck walks into the home theatre room, doesn’t look at Sarah, and talks to Beckman and Graham]
Chuck: [giving the serious business look]Sorry I’m late…I’ve been dealing with a personal issue that has been irritating me. So, what’s the mission?[Cut to Sarah looking at Chuck]
Graham: Glad you can join us Mr. Bartowski and concerning your personal issue son…I suggest you do it early and often before it gets worse as you get older.
[Cut to Chuck giving a confused look]
Beckman: [looking at Graham and then to Team Chuck]Getting back to the business at hand. [Beckman shows a picture in which Chuck immediately flashes on and the images he sees are a deadly nerve gas, project Sandman, and the name Xavier Tombs]
Chuck: [snaps out of it]Xavier Tombs…ex military scientist…created deadly nerve agents for use as bio weapons…head of project sandman. The project was shut down for being too dangerous and all his research material was confiscated.
Beckman: You are again right Mr. Bartwoski. Form what we learned Tombs was able to make a backup copy of his research and according to our sources he’s planning on selling it to the highest bidder.
Casey: Where General?
Graham: Comicon. According to what we know of Tombs he is an avid collector of comic books and from what we understand Comicon is one of your favorite places to visit so you know the surroundings very well. As the intersect, your role is to flash on any of his associates and potential buyers. Agents Walker and Casey will be there as well to handle Tombs. One last thing…blend in. You have your orders.
[Cut to Chuck with a happy and yet very freaked out look on his face. Cue Chuck intro]

[Commercial]

[The scene begins behind Buy More where Chuck comes out of with Casey and Sarah following behind. They stop him in order to find out what head space he is in because he wasn’t his usual Chuckish self when it came to talking with Beckman and Graham]
Casey: Are you questioning the role you’ve been given? Listen…we all have a role to play Bartowski?
Chuck: No I’m not. I clearly know my role Agent Casey…I’m the guy who has computer in his head. I flash, we head into danger, arrest the bad guys, the day is saved. Its business as usual like always. Let me ask you this…[looks/points at Casey and Sarah]…do you know your role?
Sarah: Yes…to protect you.
Chuck: [looks at Sarah intensely]Wrong Agent Walker…its to protect the intersect…I’m merely the unfortunate container that holds all the secrets swimming around in my head. You’re roles are merely to save it whenever its in danger.
Casey: [taps his finger hard on Chuck’s chest]Hey…what is going on with you?
Chuck: [looks at Casey]You know what…much of what you’ve been saying to me has finally sunk in. Emotions and feelings are just distractions that clearly get in the way of doing our job.
[Cut to Sarah’s face as you see the pain in her face as those words were meant for her]
Sarah: Do you really believe that?
Chuck: [looks at Sarah] I do now and as a matter of fact my life would have been better off if I hadn’t opened that email from Bryce…I would be living a normal life without constant fear, paranoia, anxiety of being shot or killed.
[Chuck heads home and after several moments of seeing the overhead skyline of Los Angeles you see him walking into Ellie’s apartment and when he’s inside you see Ellie in the kitchen. You then see Chuck walk in and as he’s about to go to his room Ellie asks him to sit down on the couch so they can talk]
Ellie: Chuck…I know something is wrong…so talk to me.
Chuck: Sarah accused Kat of cheating on me and it wasn’t the case. She betrayed my trust sis.
Ellie: Look…you can’t explain the stupid things we do. I know Sarah cares about you and doesn’t want to see you hurt. Hey…look at me[Chuck looks at Ellie] We all get angry, but there is always a reason behind that anger that it had you nearly ripping her head off. You just got to find it or you will never be happy.
Chuck: I am happy…Kat is the best thing that has happened in my life. I can actually see a future with her?
Ellie: You never saw a future with Sarah?
Chuck: Its complicated…all I know is that I’m happy now than I’ve ever been. Kat is the reason for that.
Ellie: Are you sure?
Chuck: What are you trying to say?
Ellie: Before completely giving your heart to Kat, ask yourself are you truly happy? Answer that before you come to that conclusion. Anyways, hopefully you and Sarah can work things out to where you two can repair your friendship.
Chuck: [gets up off the couch]I don’t know sis…I don’t think our friendship will ever be repaired.[walks away leaving Ellie with a look of concerned sadness on her face]

[Commercial]

[The scene begins with a wide inside shot of Comicon and as it cuts to the many sights and sounds of the many venues you see Chuck, Sarah, and Casey blending with the other colorful characters around them as Chuck is dressed as Neo, Sarah as The Invisible Woman, and Casey as Captain America.]
Casey: [adjusting himself in suit and carrying the signature shield]I look like an idiot.
Chuck: [smiling]Oh…come one Casey…we were told to blend in…so we’re blending in.
Sarah: Remember…we’re here to do a job Chuck.
Chuck: [stops smilings]I remember Agent Walker…[walking backwards]You just remember to watch my back.
[As he finishes talking to him he bumps into a legend in the comic business…Stan Lee]
Chuck: [turning around]I’m sorry si….[eyes widen and talks quickly] Do..you…know who you are?
Lee: I believe I’m Stan Lee…creator of such great comic book characters The Fantastic Four X-men, Daredevil, The Hulk, Thor, Iron Man, Doctor Strange, and last but not least the webbed wall crawler himself Spider-Man.]
[Cut to Sarah and Casey looking at Chuck acting like a kid as he’s wantingnot only an autograph but a picture as well]
Chuck: Casey…[hands him a camera]…take a picture of us?
Sarah: Seriously….you brought a camera?
Chuck: I always bring a camera…The last time I was here I got a picture with Todd McFarlane…[cut to Sarah and Chuck just staring at him]You know…creator of Spawn. Everybody knows that.
Casey: Are you serious Bartowski? [pulls Chuck in closer]You’re supposed to be flashing for any of Tomb’s associates, as well as, potential buyers.
Chuck: [smiling at Stan Lee and then looks at Casey]After you take a picture of me with Stan Lee…[thinks out loud]Morgan is going to flip his gord.
Casey: [gives a serious look]I have a better idea…how about I stick this camera up your gord.
Sarah: [annoyed and grabs camera out of Casey’s hand]I’ll take it…[positions camera]say cheese.
[You see Chuck with a wide smile all-the-while giving a resounding giddy ‘cheese’ as he gets picture with Stan Lee. Mr. Lee shakes Chuck hand and then leaves. Before he leaves Stan Lee says something to Chuck]
Lee: [looks at Chuck]Remember this son…with great power comes great responsibility.
[Cut to chuck soaking in what Stan. Lee said to him. Just then you then see Sarah put the camera down, motions to Casey, as they see Xavier Tombs behind Chuck afar off]
Chuck: [looking at hand and thinking out loud]I’m never going to wash this hand again.
Casey: Chuck…there’s Tombs. Chuck its time to flash for any known associates of his.
[Cut to Chuck who has this goofy smile on his face as he is a distracted by the fact he shook hands with Stan Lee and at the same time Sarah is trying to get his attention]
Sarah: Chuck!
Chuck: [snaps out of it, looks at Sarah, and stops smiling]What!?
Casey: [taps Chuck’s head]Its time to got work…so get focused.
[The scene ends with Chuck turning around, sees Tombs, and then freaks out a bit]

[Commercial]

[The scene begins with Team Chuck seeing Tombs and getting ready to take him down along with any of his associates that may be around. Cut to Casey who sets down a plan of action]
Chuck: [nervously talking]Should this be the time where I stay in the car?
Casey: [slaps him upside the head]Do your job intersect.
Sarah: [look of seriousness] Be careful…[touches Chuck’s hand] …and don’t worry there are agents everywhere.
Chuck: [quietly under his breathe]Really!?[Cut to chuck looking around]
[Chuck looks at his hand, then looks at Sarah, and then smiles. They share a brief moment before it’s broken up by Casey. Chuck walks and surveys the crowd, flashes on flashes on several of the potential buyers, informs Casey and Sarah, leading to signal the agents in disguise who are dressed either as Chewbacca, a storm trooper, or whatever the case may be. Just then you cut to Tombs who somehow knows what is going on leading to him running. Sarah as the invisible woman, Chuck as Neo, and Casey as Captain America with shield in hand run after Tombs who has entered the bowls of the building essentially running down the stairs. They end up at a 2 way crossroads and they decide to split up as Chuck goes with Sarah and Casey in the other direction. Before that Casey gives instructions to Chuck]
Casey: [looks at Chuck]Try not to be a hero Bartowski…when things get hairy…
Chuck: [interrupts Casey and talking quickly]I know....get in the car
Casey: Not this time…its duck and cover.
[Casey and Sarah along with Chuck separate. After a few minutes Chuck talks to Sarah]
Chuck: [breathing and talking quickly]Sarah…I know this may be a bad time but thanks for taking a picture of me with Stan Lee. It mean a lot even though you didn’t have to.
Sarah: [weapon in hand and looking around]Don’t mention it.[stops and gives a smile to Chuck]
[Just as she does that Tombs comes out of nowhere with a lead pipe and knocks her out leading her to fall down the stairs knocking her unconscious. Cut to Chuck who has this horrified look in his face then switches to one of anger at what at he just witnessed to where he charges at Tombs leading them to both fall down the stairs to the point where end up the bottom separated a bit. You see Chuck a bit groggy as he sees Sarah lying there and you then see the feet of Tombs who stands over Chuck as he is about to finish the job when all of sudden a shield comes flying out of nowhere hitting Tombs in the face. Chuck flips over on his back to see Casey standing there in his Captain America costume with his both his hands at his sides and smirking. Cut to the hospital where Chuck is sitting in Sarah room as she is unconscious with a sling around her arm as she suffered a broken right arm. As he sits there, he looks at Sarah and in doing so he comes to a revelation leading him to take his phone out, looks at Kat's number, smiles, and then calls Kat as he looks out the window. The scene ends with Chuck leaving the hospital to go meet her.]

[Commercial]

[The scene begins several days later at Sarah’s apartment as she is recovering from the broken right arm suffered at the hands of Tombs. She suddenly gets a phone call from Chuck who wants her to meet him at the beach. Cut to several moment later and you see Chuck sitting there looking out into the ocean lost in thought and then you seen Sarah with her arm in a sling walking behind him to where she eventually sits beside him. Chuck doesn’t look at her and just looks straight forward as he begins to talk.]
Chuck: Thanks for coming.
Sarah: [looks at Chuck]What’s up?
Chuck: I want to apologize for everything I said to you. My emotions got the better of me.
Sarah: [brushes back her hair, grins, while looking down at the sand]Seems to be a common theme lately.
Chuck: You didn’t deserve that and the reason is because I honestly wasn’t angry at you. I was angry at myself. Angry for what Jill put me through for past 5 years. You see, I basically bottled all my emotions up and never dealt with them. When you betrayed my trust, it was as if was I reliving that exact same moment over again in Stanford. All the anger, pain, and feelings that I harbored was unfortunately dumped on to you.
Sarah: I’m sorry Chuck.
Chuck: Don’t be sorry…as a matter of fact I should thank you.[cut to Sarah who an intrigued look] Ellie helped me put things into perspective and I realized I am happy with a woman who has made me completely let go of the past. She has brought back my smile I thought I lost and even though I don’t know her all too well I believe she’s a real, genuine person with a caring heart. Of course there are times where she can completely get on your nerves, but the great thing about her is she’ll always be there for me. Thinking about it, 5 years ago I was half a man before meeting her, but now I’m finally whole.
[cut to Sarah looking even more crushed]
Sarah: [forced smile and uncomfortable]I’m happy for you Chuck.
Chuck: Do I love her…yes I do because she came into my life when things weren’t making any sense at all for me? Do I see a future with her?[Cut to Sarah as her heart is sinking]No, I don’t….and that is why we broke up.
[cut to a confused look on Sarah’s face]
Sarah: What!? Why?
Chuck: When I talked with Ellie I realized something…I’m never going to have a normal life or a real relationship because of the intersect in my head as put me, as well as, those close to/around me in danger as well. I just want you to know that I appreciate everything you’ve done for me and know I’m grateful for the many times you’ve put your life on the line to save me.
Sarah: [looks at Chuck and smiles]Always…[breathes out a small sigh]…so are we friends?
Chuck: [looks down]I’m sorry….we can’t ever be friends after what happened….[cut to Sarah with a disappointed look on her face]…because how can I be friends with someone who my heart belongs with.
[Cut to Chuck looking at Sarah in the eyes and smiling at her and in the realization in Sarah’s eyes/face that it was her that he was talking about when it concerned putting things into perspective. The season finale ends with Chuck bumping Sarah and Sarah putting her head on his shoulder as the camera pans slowly back as you see them sitting on the beach]

[Fade To Black]

No comments: